Mohabbat

"Mohabbat bhi Zindagi ki tarah hoti hai
Har mod asaan nehi hota, har mod pe khushiya nehi milti.
Jab hum zindagi ka saath nehi chhodte toh
Mohabbat ka saath kyun chhode??
---Mohabbatein

2016-08-29

Unborn---Short Non-Fiction

Indian Bloggers

Almost six years ago it happened that…a new street dog started to roam in our colony, my family members used to feed that dog, that time one day my younger maternal uncle visited our house to spend his holidays, he loves these type of pets a lot, so he also started to feed that dog and liked to spend time with the dog. Uncle gave a name to that dog, he started to call her “Bhulur Maa”(In hindi it means “Bhulu ki Maa, In English…Bhulu’s Mom). 


Later in one year my uncle visited our house three four times, sometime to spend holidays, sometime for business meetings. Every time he used to feed that dog, that dog used to respond very well and liked my uncle.


Suddenly after one year, a question knocked into my sister’s mind, she asked me but I was unable to answer, only our uncle could give the right answer, so my sister decided to ask him when he will visit next time.


So, when next time our uncle visited our house and was feeding “Bhulur Maa”, then my sister asked him…

“You call this dog “Bhulur Maa”, but the question is …Where is Bhulu?, we have never seen “Bhulu”, where is he?”


My uncle smiled and said…”I have also never seen Bhulu, even I don’t know whether this dog has child or not…I just gave that name”

Hearing the answer we laughed out, later our uncle and we used to make joke asking…”Where is Bhulu?”

Every person of our colony used to call that dog as “Bhulur Maa”, but the fact is…no one has seen Bhulu.


Even no one knew whether “Bhlur Maa” had a child or not. 


Generally in villages there is a common way to address the women taking their children’s names, like “Raju ki Maa” , “Tina ki Maa” etc, and the original names of those women vanishes(people forgot) and they became well known with their children’s names, my uncle just followed this trend to address the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment